Personal Data Protection
In Mexico, protection of Personal Data has become an obligatory activity to all who collect and handle such information.
Currently all Personal Data obtained from individuals, must be collected, handled and protected under the provisions established in the Federal Law of Protection of Personal Data held by Third Parties. Our experts assist our Clients to comply with the obligations in this matter, providing the following services:
- General counseling and advice on implementation of Data Protection Law
- Drafting of Policies for Protection of Personal Data, including the applicable Privacy Notices according with the company’s scope, as required by Law
- Legal advice and guidance on how to handle and answer requests from Title Holders of Personal Data with respect to the exercise of their “ARCO” rights (by its Spanish acronym Access, Rectification, Cancellation and/or Opposition)
- Recommendations regarding data retaining and preservation and how to remove and document this procedure
- Counseling on transfer of personal data